- Show up
- Couple quick presentations
- Share problems
- Bask in a sense of childlike wonder about the intricacies of WordPress
- Go home a better individual then you were before.
All corny jokes aside, these meetups are a great way to meet fellow bloggers, designers, developers, and social media types from the area.
At the October event, we are going to have a loose format where anyone can take the podium. If you have something that you would like to share, please leave a comment here proposing a 5-10 minute presentation. Proposed topics currently include:
Thom Allen: WordPress Backup and Recovery
Ash Buckles: WordPress SEO (Plugins/Permalinks/etc.)
Thanks to Ash, we are having the event at the newly minted SEO.com. We have room for about sixty people, so tell your friends to come too.
- When: Wednesday Oct. 14 from 7-9 p.m.
- Where: 14870 S. Pony Express Road Ste. 100, just off Interstate 15 at the Draper/Bluffdale exit near the point of the mountain.
- What to bring: Bring your questions, your problems, something to share intellectually, and something on a plate to share physically. (i.e something delicious, perhaps cookies, crackers, seven-layer dip, etc.)
Please leave a comment here if you plan on coming so we can get a general count of who is going to be there.
Thanks and RT!
When: Wednesday, April 15th, 7:00pm – whenever
Where: My house, 549 W. Goldenrod Way Saratoga Springs 801.376.6898
Topics: Like last time, anything that you want to talk about. I just got a new TV that we can hook up laptops too, so bring your lappy, and examples of what you are working on.
Below are a some of the people that came last time, I hope that you all come again, and bring some friends too!
- Spencer King
- Joseph Scott
- Thom Allen
- Ratish Naroor
- Kathy Griffiths
- Sheila Atwood
- Tami Tanner (+friend)
- Tyrel Kelsey
- Stephen Shaw
- Emily Shaw
- Ash Buckles
- Pete Lasko
Feel free to bring a snack to share, I am thinking about looking for some exotic beverages… If you want to RSVP, just leave a comment letting me know you hare coming. Then I can know how many chairs to steal from the church… Spread the word!
Location: Casa de Spurlock (My House)
Time: Wednesday, 18th of March 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Topics: Anything that you want to talk about. I just got a new TV that we can hook up laptops too, so bring your lappy, and examples of what you are working on. If we do have a good response, I will see about moving to a larger location, but we should be ok… (I know, famous last words…)
Twitter hash tag: #utwordpress