After seeing a story here about making ringtones for your cell phone using some built in technology on an Apple computer, I thought I would take a moment to simplify some of the process. So, here it goes.
2. Drag and drop the song into iTunes.
3. If the song is to long for your taste, right-click Get Info and go to the Options tab. Adjust the start time and stop time to get to a length that you would like. Many phones don’t have a lot of space, and this may be an issue.
4. Press OK and then go to the preferences pane. (Command-,)
5. In the advanced pane, then the importing tab, make sure that your settings are turned to Import Using MP3 Encoder.
6. Press OK
7. Right click on the song and click Convert Selection to MP3. This will create a new file ant the length that you choose.
8. Drag this file to the desktop.
9. If you have your phone already set up for bluetooth connectivity, all you need to do is with the file clicked press (command-shift-b). This will pull up the send file box, and you pick which device to send the file too.