Well, you found me. My name is Jake Spurlock, I am passionate about all things digital. From design and development, to photography and video production, I like it all. If you are looking for help in rolling out your business in a non-traditional format, let me know. I would love to help.
I did one of those tag, you’re it things on Facebook, so I thought this would be an ok place to put some more things about me…
- From my 284 subscriptions on Google Reader, over the last 30 days I read 11,194 items, starred 43 items, shared 33 items, and emailed 6 items.
- On my third day skiing ever, I followed Abby Clawson down Blue Slip, a double black diamond bowl at PC. Cart wheels would be an appropriate description of how I went down.
- Yellow is my favorite color, and least favorite Coldplay song.
- I love Dr. Pepper
- I was a cheerleader all through high school and even for a year in college.
- Melissa, my wife is expecting our first kid, a boy at the end February.
- I could listen to music 24 hours a day.
- When I was five, I got a Power Wheels firetruck from my grandparents. It was the greatest toy. Ever.
- Since we moved into our current house, I have dreamed about finishing the basement and building a theater. I am starting the paint today…
- I don’t really play any instruments, but I have a bass, a guitar, and my fav… A mandolin.
- I have more shoes then my wife. And that is ok.
- Since I was a teen, I wanted to open a ski shop. Maybe I will someday.
- I did four years of French in Jr./High school. I wanted to go on a French-speaking LDS mission. I went to Philadelphia instead. (Incidentally, my brother Ty took two years, hated it, and then went on to learn Haitian Creole which is like French mixed with dirty, malaria stricken water. How about that for poetic unjustice.)
- I am a total gadget hound. If it flashes, I am attracted.
- When I was a kid, we would go and stay at my grandparents house in Washington. Rather then staying in the house, we would sleep out in an ancient trailer that they had on their property. There were only two beds, and three of us boys, so we brought an army surplus cot in so we could all sleep in there comfortably. Incidentally this cot had a blood stain on it that we were sure was from a tremendous war injury that our granddad likely ensued during the second world war. This was of course ridiculous, because he spent a few weeks on the a boat, then the war ended. We thought it was cool though.
- Currently I am working on a website that is all about pets. I have none.
- I have two mice for my computer. I can’t scroll down with either.
- Kind of particular about toilet paper. It should go over the top rather than against the wall…
- Shot a short film from an adaptation of a Roald Dahl book called The Hitch Hiker.
- I have a list on my office wall that has ten ways to be better. On the list at #5 is: Distinguish sense from nonsense.
- Once I crashed my bike while riding past some girls that I know. Just like in the movies. I would write their names, but we are friends on Facebook, and I am still embarrened.
- This list has taken way longer then expected.
- I don’t have my real front teeth. The current ones are just wired in with my braces. I might get implants around the beginning of the year. I lost the real ones in a tubing accident two summers ago down at Lake Mead.
- I work at home, in front of my computer.
- I have a WordPress logo as the wallpaper on my computer.
Just noticed you became my latest Flickr friend. I rarely hit flickr anymore but shoot me an email when you get a chance.
Thanks for the add!
Judging by the Rushton pix I’d say you are no longer embarraned, even when crashing bikes in front of cute girls…
Comments are closed.