Lifehacker.com posted their editors favorite software and hardware. I thought it would be fun to follow suit, and share some of my favorites.
- Safari. I know a lot of people really love Firefox, but for me, Safari is faster and looks a lot better. I love how the tabs work, and the clean interface. Nuff said.
- For web development, I keep it simple with BBEdit, and Cyberduck. Find the file, ?-K, and I am editing the doc in BBEdit.
- For me, Photoshop and Illustrator are tools of the trade. I don’t use much else of CS3, but those two alone make everything worth while.
- Aperture. I love photography, and while taking the picture is a lot of fun, for me post processing is 90% of the fun.
- Final Cut Studio. Video, it’s a passion.
- Growl, system-wide updates.
- Inquisitor, search made simple and fast.
- iChat, Google Talk, and AIM all in one.
OSX 10.5.4. If you want to see me in pain, ask me a Windows question. Seriously, I am WIndows Stupid.
I am using a 15″ MacBook Pro as my primary computer. I also have a 20″ iMac whose hard drive is on the fritz. There is a 12″ Powerbook that stays in the living room as a backup for browsing for recipes when we are watching the Food Network. Also a few hard drives laying around that have backups of everything that isn’t important if the hard drive were to go out in the primary computer. (Maybe that happened…)
I have a spare Mighty Mouse that I keep in my bag. It is only used if a Call of Duty session comes up. I have Fon router that has a public and a private SSID. With the new laptop purchase, I got a free Canon MP460 printer/scanner deal. Supposedly, it prints really nice photos. We’ll see. I guess that in addition to peripherals, I would add the 8 gb iPhone, 16 gb iPod touch, 30gb iPod video, 4 gb iPod Mini.
- Gmail, love the interface. I have it tweaked with all kinds of fun tools.
- Google Reader. Have a hard time getting through the day without spending time here.
- Facebook. What, you didn’t expect it?
- WordPress. I love WordPress, thanks to Joseph Scott for buttons, t-shirts, and stickers.
Well, there it is. I like to think that I keep it pretty simple, maybe you would think otherwise.